Yesterday was the Celebration of Life for my cousin Mark who was tragically killed while at work a couple weeks ago. I’m not ready to write about it yet but I wanted to record a few notes on the day before they slip my mind.
- On the way to the ferry I asked An Mórrígan and Odin to be with me and give me strength. I started to ask Odin if He was with me, then changed my mind, decided to trust and just asked that He give me strength and if it wasn’t too much trouble if he could give me a sign that He was about. A minute or two later I saw a Bald Eagle sitting on top of an old farm building. A minute after that my Mom spotted a pair of them which I managed to see also before we drove past.
- A good 15 minutes down the road I saw a young Golden Eagle, sitting on a road sign if I remember correctly, a very nice clear view since He was so close to the car.
- It began to rain heavily just before the service started, as if the skies were weeping for Mark
- During the service there were some major technical glitches with the slideshow, both my Father and I both said it was Mark messing with things, it’s totally something he would do.
- He was most definitely with us
- About an hour into the drive back down to Nanaimo to catch the ferry I saw a VERY large Raven sitting on top of a conifer. This pleased me immensely
- The Seas were particularly calm on the way home, this seemed significant, not sure why
- I was VERY glad my Husband convinced me to bring our Son. He helped me and everyone else deal with the grief.
I will be writing a full post on Mark and his passing. Just not sure when.