(this would make a great devotional cake. On my ‘to try’ list)
Recipe by: Russell van Kraayenburg
Great for: dessert
Makes: 1 bundt cake
- 6 ounces flour
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 14 ounces vanilla sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup sweet red wine (try Apothic Dark)
- 1 cup cinnamon red wine sauce, recipe below
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour or grease a bundt pan. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then the vanilla, mixing well after each addition.
View original post 162 more words