- I want to peel back all the layers and find the original simple worshipping
- I need more deep lizard brain ritual, it’s why I gravitate towards ‘old’ religions
- When I stumble across ritual that works for me there is this feeling I get deep inside, it’s a primordial thing. Like genetic memory.
- That’s why I dig for the roots of ritual
- I look for the one simple act that someone did so long ago that we’ve forgotten it even happened but it’s still there in my cells. Like the instinct for water.
- Like baptism
- A now sometimes complicated act that can essentially be traced back to birth. If that makes sense.
- Or ‘fear’ based respect for the Divine. It’s fearful because It can kill you.
- I adore bears and deeply respect them, I’m also terrified of them for damn good reasons. They can kill and eat me. Probably won’t, but you never really know.