So after my big love fest over Poseidon yesterday morning, Himself felt the need to reassert His awesomeness. While out I had crows and a large hawk greet me as I got off the train. Near the end of my outing a raven appeared in the trees beside me and croaked at me before flying over to a large tree and serenaded me for a bit longer. I left an offering of seeds and nuts at the base of the tree. Beside the tree was a path that led to a little clearing with blooming crocus. It was breathtaking and filled me with love.
There are some major shifts happening in my Spiritual life right now. I don’t have to words yet to explain it fully yet. It seems my visit to the North has been interrupted by what is apparently a home coming in the Mediterranean. Odin still checks in every few days, I will see eagles flying above me. Today there was a raven sitting on a road sign as we sped down the highway, things slowed in my head as we drove by, the raven was clear in my sight. That was Himself saying He is with me. He is busy but I do not feel separated from Him like before. I saw two hawks, I believe one very well could have been a Peregrine Falcon. The other was that brownish-red like Golden Eagles have. It is Freya that I associate with those birds. I feel Her often when traveling out that direction which happens to be where we will more then likely be moving in the next six months. Poseidon has become a figure. A constant support. He is very comforting and warm and loving. He can also be a bit scary and abrupt. Go figure though, God of the Waters and all. King of Storms. I don’t quite have the words to explain what’s going on there yet either. Either way things are good but new and scary and it sometimes makes my head hurt.
The Menfolk are confusing these days. Himself is still here-nothere, there are moments where I can almost feel Him and then poof! He’s gone. I’m thinking this may be part of His nature and I will have to suck it up and deal with it. Not too often though I hope. Blarg.
Odin says hello almost every day. This last week I even had the pleasure of seeing actual eagles. Most people associate Ravens with Him and while I do, I connect them more strongly with An Morrigan and Himself. I guess it’s more that Eagles are specific to Him while the other is shared. He’s been my rock this week…of two weeks? Things are pretty intense on the temporal front so yeah. His support is much appreciated.
I’ve also seen a couple of Herons, Great Blue Herons to be exact. Those I definitely associate with Himself and the whole liminal thing in general. I was prompted to pick up a small pot of crocus for Himself. Note the type in the photo. I see what you did there Mister.
Ares(*cough*Thor*cough*) is otherwise indisposed…ahem…it’s all the SisterWife’s fault.
Poseidon is back. Being very…Uhm…friendly. The rains are pretty intense here right now. Another “Pineapple Express” blowing through. It’s warm, 7-12C, and large volumes of rainfall. His closeness is unnerving but oh so comfy. This coming from someone terrified of open water, tsunami’s and earthquakes. I’ve always loved the water though. Either way, I ramble, I left out an offering of milk, honey and an Ambrosia apple (ha,ha…just realized that now). I asked for the storms to be gentle while I was out walking today. It barely rained. When I stepped off the train to finish the route home the skies OPENED and I got soaked but that’s alright. While I was thinking about the waters and Poseidon and such I told Whoever was listening that I would have to thank Them personally when I figured out exactly Who they were. A short while ago Poseidon showed up all like this. Oh hi…
Yesterday was the Celebration of Life for my cousin Mark who was tragically killed while at work a couple weeks ago. I’m not ready to write about it yet but I wanted to record a few notes on the day before they slip my mind.
- On the way to the ferry I asked An Mórrígan and Odin to be with me and give me strength. I started to ask Odin if He was with me, then changed my mind, decided to trust and just asked that He give me strength and if it wasn’t too much trouble if he could give me a sign that He was about. A minute or two later I saw a Bald Eagle sitting on top of an old farm building. A minute after that my Mom spotted a pair of them which I managed to see also before we drove past.
- A good 15 minutes down the road I saw a young Golden Eagle, sitting on a road sign if I remember correctly, a very nice clear view since He was so close to the car.
- It began to rain heavily just before the service started, as if the skies were weeping for Mark
- During the service there were some major technical glitches with the slideshow, both my Father and I both said it was Mark messing with things, it’s totally something he would do.
- He was most definitely with us
- About an hour into the drive back down to Nanaimo to catch the ferry I saw a VERY large Raven sitting on top of a conifer. This pleased me immensely
- The Seas were particularly calm on the way home, this seemed significant, not sure why
- I was VERY glad my Husband convinced me to bring our Son. He helped me and everyone else deal with the grief.
I will be writing a full post on Mark and his passing. Just not sure when.